Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Bears are who we thought they were ...

This pretty much sums up the feelings of anybody who was winning their fantasy matchup after Sunday's games, only to realize their opponent had the Bears' D on Monday night.

There is nothing worse - or sweeter, depending on your perspective - than the Monday night smackdown. I'll never forget the shutout, six-turnover, three-TD performance by the Seahawks' defense against the Eagles in Week 13 last year that gave me a miracle fantasy win and a division title. And I bet this past Monday's Bears-Cardinals game will be equally as unforgettable for a lot of you out there. As I said at the time, that's what we live for, and it's why we play the game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just got offered thomas jones for colsten of the saints?..i have holt, driver, reggie brown, and rec. williams as my 4 recievers(only 3 can play). i also have rudi johnson, chester taylor, and lamont jordan as my running backs(2 can play) and gonzalez as my tight end?..what do you think..would it help me anywhere?..jones has some soft defenses at the end of the year..

JASON BARTOLONE said...

I like Colston, but not that much. Jones' stats aren't off the charts right now, but you're right, that schedule is very appealing down the stretch. I'd much rather have Jones as depth at RB, especially since you can't really count on LaMont Jordan right now. Your WR corps is OK and you can always find someone productive on the waiver wire as a fill-in if need be.

Anonymous said...

i ended up trading colston and chester taylor for jones and marony from NE, his schedule is nice too..wat do you think about that trade? or do you even think it was smart considering i was 5-0 in my league and atop the leader board