Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Damn you Mannings!

Plenty of playoff matchups were decided by Monday night's Colts-Bengals showdown, my own included. I had a decent-sized lead on my opponent entering that game, but that lucky S.O.B. had both Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison in his lineup. I knew I'd have to hold my breath and pray for a miracle.

After the first Manning-to-Harrison TD I was dismayed but still hanging on to hope. After the duo's second TD connection, I was fuming. Stupid Bengals defense! How about a little more time studying film and a little less lawbreaking? By the third Manning-Marvin hookup, I think I switched over to some mid-90s world billiards championship on the Deuce. And with that, another season was in the books.

Sure, it was a disappointing end. Not only was I burned by Peyton, I started Eli Manning and he did diddly squat against the Eagles. Double-damn those Manning brothers (I got no beef with Cooper though).

It also didn't help that I didn't even sniff the postseason in my other main league thanks to an ill-fated roster that included LaMont Jordan, Clinton Portis, Chris Chambers, Mike Vanderjagt, Kurt Warner, Eli and the Bucs defense. Talk about ugly! But those are the breaks in fantasy land. It looked good on paper back in August.

I'm sure plenty of you have your own horror stories and heartbreaking tales from the 2006 season. And I bet a lucky few are still alive this week, perhaps thanks to that awesome display by Peyton and Co. I'll have some lineup advice for you later in the week, and as always, post your questions/comments right here or send them via e-mail to jbartolone@semosportsweb.com.

No comments: